This post contains what Soil Science is about, admission requirement to study Soil Science in Nigeria Universities, places one can work with a degree in Soil Science.
All JAMB and WAEC candidates who are interested in studying or having a career in Soil Science are hereby informed that JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Soil Science for 2019/2020 academic session has been released.
What is Soil Science about?
Soil scientists are involved in the agricultural production, the assessment of environmental quality and product toxicity. In agriculture, they undergo research on the reaction of various types of soil to fertilizers, tillage practices, or crop rotation, and offer guidance to farmers and other landowners. Soil experts can also provide counseling for construction projects, drilling procedures and forestry companies.
Soil scientists use their findings to help solve a wide range of soil management issues. They might, for example, determine the best crops to grow in a specific soil at a given place and time. Soil scientists might also work to replenish endangered ecosystems by finding ways to increase soil fertility. Soil scientists often work for manufacturing companies, government agricultural departments and research laboratories. A large number of soil scientists are self-employed consultants.
Other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Mathematics 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Economics 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Mechanical Engineering 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Industrial Chemistry 2019/2020
- JAMB 2019/2020 Form is Out Registration Guidelines And Procedures
- JAMB Profile Creation 2019- How To Easily Create And Update Your Profile
- JAMB Change Of Course & Institution Plus Correction Of Data
- How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS Portal & JAMB CAPS Admission
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Soil Science?
For you to be on a safe side it is better if you aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Soil Science are
- Use of English
- Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics