This post contains what Petroleum Engineering is about, admission requirement to study Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria Universities, places one can work with a degree in Petroleum Engineering.
All JAMB and WAEC candidates who are interested in studying or having a career in Petroleum Engineering are hereby informed that JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Petroleum Engineering for 2019/2020 academic session has been released.
What is Petroleum Engineering about?
For you to have a better understanding about what Petroleum Engineering is about am going to break them into different parts concerning what they do,see below.
- Petroleum Engineers search the world for reservoirs containing oil and natural gas. On discovery of these resources they communicate with geologists and other specialists to understand the geologic formation and properties of the rock containing the reservoir, determine the drilling methods to be uses, and monitor drilling and production operations.
- Petroleum Engineers also find new ways to extract oil and gas from older wells.
- Petroleum Engineers design equipment and processes to achieve maximum and profitable recovery of oil and gas. They rely heavily on computer models to simulate reservoir performance using different recovery techniques.
Other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB 2019/2020 Form is Out Registration Guidelines And Procedures
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Civil Engineering 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Mechanical Engineering 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Chemical Engineering 2019/2020
- JAMB Profile Creation 2019- How To Easily Create And Update Your Profile
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Petroleum Engineering?
For you to be on a safe side it is better if you aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Petroleum Engineering are
- Use of English