This post contains what Medicine and Surgery is about, admission requirement to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria Universities, places one can work with a degree in Medicine and Surgery.
All JAMB and WAEC candidates who are interested in studying or having a career in Medicine and Surgery are hereby informed that JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Medicine and Surgery for 2019/2020 academic session has been released.
What is Medicine and Surgery about?
Medical practice is generally defined as being the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Today it is carried out by doctors, nurses, surgeons and physicians.
Whenever we get sick we go to the hospital to lay a complaint and at the end of the day we are either treated or giving some prescriptions to follow so that we can get better and all these are being made possible by the doctors we have in the hospital. So the various doctors that are in different hospitals are like life savers and they are able to carry out this practice efficiently because of what they studied and the practical aspects they went through.
Medicine and Surgery course curriculum normally spans six academic years and is divided into three stages. They are
- The pre-medical stage which is essentially natural and pure science-based
- The pre-clinical stage in which the basic medical science courses are taught
- The clinical stage in which the courses focus on the nature of diseases with the systematic instructions in medicine
Various Career opportunities in Medicine and Surgery include;
- Clinical radiologist.
- General practice doctor.
- Hospital doctor.
- Physician associate.
Other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Industrial Chemistry 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Pharmacy 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Anatomy 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Radiography 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Accounting 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Chemical Engineering 2019/2020
- JAMB 2019/2020 Form is Out Registration Guidelines And Procedures
- JAMB Profile Creation 2019- How To Easily Create And Update Your Profile
- JAMB Change Of Course & Institution Plus Correction Of Data
- How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS Portal & JAMB CAPS Admission
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Medicine and Surgery?
For you to be on a safe side it is better if you aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Medicine and Surgery are
- Use of English