The textbooks listed below will help all JAMB candidates prepare very well for the upcoming English Language JAMB Examination.
Specific textbooks for various aspirants are being specified every year, Just like this JAMB Recommended textbook that will be given here for you.
This will be of help for various JAMB candidates so that they can prepare well before they write the exams and be able to pass well.
SEE OTHER RELATED JAMB POSTS:
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Linguistics 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Law 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For International Relations 2019/2020
- How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS Portal & JAMB CAPS Admission
- JAMB Profile Creation 2019- How To Easily Create And Update Your Profile
- JAMB Matriculation Portal & : How To Check JAMB Matriculation List
List Of JAMB Recommended Textbooks To Prepare For English Language.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001) University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
Compulsory Novels For Jamb
- “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for Only UTME Candidates
- “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Only Direct Entry Candidates.
According to the instructions, candidates will be tested on these novels in Use of English, which is compulsory for every candidate, regardless of the course you intend to study in the University or Polytechnic.