JAMB Change of course and Institution as the name implies allows JAMB candidates to effective some changes on their course of choice or institution (school) of choice. This is usually necessary for candidates who either made a mistake knowingly or unknowingly while completing the form for their JAMB registration. In other for those mistakes earlier made to be corrected, the candidate needs to do a change of Course or change of Institution.
This JAMB change of course and institution post is created for all those candidates who want to change either the course or institution they initially applied to during JAMB Registration to an entirely new course or institution of choice. If by now, you don’t know much about JAMB, Read Our JAMB Introduction and Explanation Article Here and also see the JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Here.
Without JAMB Change of Course and Institution, it would be very difficult for so many candidates to gain admission into the tertiary institutions we have in Nigeria such as Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education. This is so because so many candidates each year fails to qualify for the cut off mark of the original school they chose in JAMB which would mean their chances of getting admission has been lost.
All thanks to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) provision for Change of Course and Institution plus correction of data which will now make it possible for candidates to switch from the school they did not qualify for their cut off mark to another school that can accept they JAMB Score. To score high in JAMB, you will need to start preparing for very well by knowing the topics you need to read using JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects Here.
Types Of Data Correction Permitted By JAMB
Even though JAMB has made provision for candidates who made one mistake or the other during JAMB Registration to correct their mistakes, it is wise to also point out that not all the mistakes can be corrected or not all corrections are allowed by JAMB.
Having said that, the following corrections are the only ones permitted by the board:
- Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done twice with separate payments)
Cost Of JAMB Correction Of Data
You wouldn’t think JAMB would allow you to make all those corrections for free right? Yea i know you wouldn’t expect that because the board has already announced that corrections for each of the categories listed above would attract a cost of Two Thousand Five Hundred Nigerian Naira (N2,500).
So, Assuming you want to make changes for all the 7 categories above, you would be paying N2500 times 7 which is N17,500.
Also, take note that JAMB Change of Course and Institution can only be done twice with separate payment of N2,500 each as stated above. Having said that, let’s proceed with the steps and guidelines to successfully do JAMB Change of Course, Institution and Correction of Data.
Procedures For JAMB Change of Course & Institution (Data Correction)
- Go to JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Registration (2018 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select ‘2018 UTME Data Correction‘.
- Then proceed to payment.
After payment, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process.
Step By Step Guide For JAMB Correction Of Date/Change of Course And Institution
1. Visit JAMB Portal by clicking http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your Registered Email Address And Password as shown in the image below
2.After login, you will be presented with a dashboard that contains so many options. Click on “Application for Correction of Data“.
3. Form the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
4. Proceed to make the payment of N2,500 for the correction using Remita
After Successful Payment, you will be presented with an editable screen to make the changes you applied for.
If you follow the instructions outlined above, you should be sure to have successfully effected the changes to your data.
Should you have any question concerning the guidelines and information above, leave a comment below and we will get back to you.