Your total cost to attend CU Denver includes more than your tuition & fees – you will also need to consider your housing, food, travel, health insurance, textbooks, etc. Before you can apply for your US student visa, you must prove to CU Denver that you have the necessary funding to support your first year of study.
International Undergraduate Scholarships
The University of Colorado Denver offers a wide variety of financial aid and scholarship opportunities for international undergraduate students. We are committed to supporting your long-term academic and personal success at CU Denver, including your financial well being.
International Admissions offer automatic merit-based scholarships and additional funding through donor awards and need-based grants. Additionally, students can apply for program-specific and external scholarships. Scholarships can be combined with employment opportunities and other financial resources to contribute to your cost of attendance.
|Scholarship Option||Application Requirement||Award Amount or Range||Criteria|
|Automatic Merit Scholarship||No||$2,500 – $10,000
per academic year
|Additional Merit Scholarship & Need-Based Grants||Yes – Application Coming Soon||$1,000 – $20,000||Financial need, GPA, and scholarship application|
|$500 – $2,500||Varies|
Scholarship Application Procedures & Timeline
Automatic Merit Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded automatically based on GPA. International Admissions will convert international GPA’s to the US 4.0 scale during the admission review
- Students will be notified of the scholarship award in their admission letter
- Please follow regular application deadlines
- Open to non-resident, non-sponsored freshman and transfer students
- Scholarships are renewable for 4 years (freshmen) or 2 years (transfer)
GPA Range and Award Amounts
|GPA Range||Annual Award|
|2.85 – 2.99||$2,500.00|
|3.00 – 3.49||$5,000.00|
|3.50 – 3.74||$7,500.00|
* Awards of varying amounts are available other residency types. Please contact International Admissions with any questions about your residency type.
Estimated Cost of Attendance Figures for 2021-2022
The cost estimates below are for Academic Year 2021-2022. Please note that actual costs will likely increase for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. Please note that your individual cost of attendance will vary. Estimated costs are subject to change. Taking more credit hours may increase the cost of the program. Students should add $6,750 per year for each dependent family member (spouse and/or unmarried children under the age of 21) who will accompany them to the United States.
*** For cost estimates for Anschutz Medical Campus programs please contact [email protected]